Did you know that genetic testing can tell if you have inherited an abnormal gene that increases the risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
At AMC we offer personalized risk assessment and prevention recommendations for patients and families who may be at increased risk for developing Breast and/or Ovarian cancer due to genetic factors.
Our services include:
- Breast and ovarian cancer risk assessment and genetic testing
- Cancer prevention counseling and strategies
Genetic counseling and testing should be considered for women who have (or have had):
- A diagnosis of Ovarian cancer at any age.
- Breast and Ovarian, Thyroid, or Endometrial cancer
- Male Breast cancer
- Multiple close family members affected with Breast or Ovarian cancer, particularly if the relative was diagnosed with cancer at an early age (less than 50 years old). Close family members include your mother, sister, or daughter; close family members can include men with breast cancer.
- A personal history or close family member with more than one cancer, such as breast cancer involving both breasts or breast and ovarian cancer.
- Multiple generations of close family with cancer (eg, grandmother, mother, sister). Family history on the father’s side is as important as the mother’s side.
- A personal or family history of cancers besides breast and ovarian cancer – This can be suggestive of hereditary cancer. For example, it is important to know if there are relatives with pancreatic, prostate, colon, or male breast cancer.
Book your appointment by contacting us 24/7 at +995 32 250 00 20, firstname.lastname@example.org