Food is the most powerful medicine in the world. It makes you sick or it makes you healthy. It influences your capacity to live a happy and vibrant life.
Nutritional therapy is based on the scientific concept that food, as nature intended it, provides the nutrients needed to heal the body and to help bring us back to a state of optimum health and vitality.
Your individual nutritional plan is based on your unique nutritional needs; therefore one size does not fit all.
How does it work?
Contact AMC to make a booking for your consultation. On confirmation of booking you will be sent a health questionnaire which is a comprehensive review of your health symptoms, lifestyle goals and a 3 day food diary.
The questionnaire must be returned to AMC via email for preliminary analysis before the initial consultation. This will help to identify possible lifestyle and dietary factors which could be contributing to your health concerns, and builds a picture of your health history.
We will ask you to bring a list any medication or supplements that you are currently taking and laboratory tests results if done recently.
At your consultation:
You will meet with your AMC Nutritionist for a 60 minute one-to-one consultation. Your nutritionist will use the questionnaire as a basis for further investigation of your case history, medications, current diet, and lifestyles. Together you will agree on your health goals for the consultation and using this, your nutritionist will work with you on a realistic program for you to follow.
You can expect:
• A full explanation of your nutritionist’s understanding of your health concerns
• A discussion of foods that may be contributing to your ailments
• Suggestions of foods that may help alleviate your symptoms
• The explanation of any vitamin and mineral deficiencies and advise on correction
• A detailed nutritional program including diet, lifestyle and / or supplements
• The recommendation and discussion of any additional functional laboratory tests
After the consultation:
You will receive a 2 to 4 week program to follow before returning to the clinic for your follow-up consultation. If you should have any questions or feedback during this time, your nutritionist is available via email / phone.
Follow up consultation
Follow up consultation works on the same principle as the initial consultation but will last 30 to 45 minutes. This is recommended to review your program and see which of the recommendations have worked well for you.
- You can expect:A full review of the program
- Review and explanation of any test results
- Adaptation of the program in light of any difficulties experienced in following it
- Addressing of any new symptoms / change in circumstances
- A detailed nutritional program for the next stage of your treatment: including diet, lifestyle and/ or supplements tailored to suit you