Good gynaecological health is fundamental to women’s wellbeing and peace of mind. We offer an annual gynaecological check for women over 40, where screening for breast disease and hormonal irregularities are important. Our gynaecologist will take a history and conduct an examination, which is complimented by abdominal and pelvic ultrasound. Enquiries will be made about the family history of breast and other cancers and checks are always made for papilloma virus which can cause cervical (neck of the womb) cancer. Checks includes a PAP smear test (when this is out of date), blood tests for thyroid and anaemia, a urine test and ultrasound of breasts, pelvis, and abdomen. Hormonal tests and a mammogram are included.
Our experienced gynaecologists are specially trained in communication skills and are open to all your questions about gynaecological and sexual health.
- Consultation, Examination, Recommendations – √
- CBC/ESR (To check red and white cells and their balance) – √
- TSH (To check for over/underactive thyroid function) – √
- Urine Analysis – (To check kidney function and possible infection) – √
- Wet Prep (Microscopic Examination for infection or disbalance) – √
- Pap Smear (Microscopic examination for cervical pre-cancer cells) – √
- PCR for Oncogenic HPV (Genetic testing of viruses causing Cervical Cancer) – √
- Pelvic Ultrasound (To examine gynaecological organs) – √
- Breast Ultrasound – √
- FSH (Reproductive Hormones) – √
- LH (Reproductive Hormones) – √
- Oestradiol (Reproductive Hormones) – √
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone (Assessment of fertility) – √
- Mammography (X-ray examination of breast tissue) – √